Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rat Pack Short #2

Well, even though my readers hate them! I will post it again because I hope my star friends will read them.

Chapter 2
The teacher stepped in front of the class. “Study hard! No talking!” She warned. The principal summoned her over the intercom and she dashed away. Suddenly, Reed let out a loud yowl. “This is SO hardcore!” He yelled. The boy who sat behind him, nodded. “I know! I’m still trying to figure out my math homework!” “No, man!” Reed said. “I’m trying to draw an Easter egg!” He flashed his paper. It was covered in awkward shapes and ovals. “I bet I can do one!” Darcy yelled from across the room, where the girls sat. “Let’s make a bet! Whoever gets the best egg when study hall’s over gets all of Reed’s old coins!” She smiled. “I hope I win!” The teacher raced back in.
Study hall was over. Everyone gathered around Reed’s desk. His paper was covered in the same awkward ovals. Darcy’s paper had a lovely egg with a few bunnies beside it. “Bonus for the bunnies!” Rachel said. “Okay, okay! You win.” Reed fished in his pocket and dug out three old coins. “Okay! See ya!” Darcy turned to leave. “Wait!” Reed yelled. In his other pocket, there were four more. He then removed three from his sneakers, five from his bookbag, six from his shirtsleeves, two from his hair, and one from his ear. Rachel was in awe. “I’m going to do my Science Fair project on you.” She remarked. Darcy counted them all. “Twenty-four old coinss! I’m a lucky girl!” Then, Darcy walked out of the room and dumped all but three in the garbage. Reed looked in the garbage can and passed out by Rebekah. She shrugged, flipped Reed over, and dunked him in the trashcan.

2 comments:

Amaryllis said...

Nice story. Can I be in one!?! *Amaryllis*

Kelsey said...

Haha! Those ARE funny! -K