Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rat Pack Short!

here's the short for a week! this week has been really good, so here's a good short to top it off!

The six were in Spanish when a rat skittered across the teacher's desk. Everyone screamed. “Don’t worry! I know where that came from.” Kristin said. The whole class turned around and pointed at Reed. “Don’t look at me!” He said. “No seriously, don’t look at me. I’ll wet myself.” Everyone turned around. “Phew!” Reed said, slumping in his seat. “We must find the cause of the rats!” Rachel said. “I know! The munchkins!” Darcy said, jumping up. Everyone glared at her. “What? I saw it on ‘The Oz of Wonderful Wizards’!” She said. “Um, Darcy? Maybe you need a movie checkup!” Rebekah said, gently patting her friend on the shoulder. “Yeah! Everyone TOTALLY knows Munchkins are not rats! They’re…” Kristin paused and put her hands to her chin. “Dang! You BOTH need movie school! Everyone has known Munchkins are alien humanoids!” John said, banging his fists on his desk. “Okay, you ALL need movie school!” Reed exclaimed. “Um, may I suggest something about the rats?” Kelsey said meekly. “They’re here for a show called ‘Undercover Peoples’. I’m the star.” “YOU’RE THE Kelsey Alexander?” Rebekah screamed. The whole room shouted, “OMG!” before charging to Grace’s desk. Teacher walked toward the door and saw a huge camera crew hustling to the door. “She was right!” She gushed. The kids started running about the room in a craze. Rebekah pulled Darcy aside. “Let’s walk up to the cameras! If Taylor Lautner and my other loves watch this, they’ll know that my heart wants them!” Rebekah jumped up and down. “What about me? What am I supposed to do?” Darcy asked. “I don’t know! Do something!” Rebekah grabbed her arm and threw the door open. “Hi, I’m Rebekah Stogner! I love Taylor Lautner! Hi, guys!” Rebekah smiled her biggest smile and read her address out three times. “Hi, I’m Darcy! Um…” Darcy paused. “I can make sliced ham out of a whole ham!” Rebekah waved again and shoved Darcy back in the Spanish room. “What was that?” She hissed. “ A fact about me?” Darcy asked. “If it was, it sure was a dumb one!” Rebekah dropped her arm and marched off to her next class. “Thank goodness!” Darcy muttered. “My arm was getting numb!”

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

That is awesome! I get to be a movie star!! -K