Sunday, May 09, 2010

25 pages Chapter 2

Here we go!

Book 1
Hayden
Chapter 2
“All right, so you guys need to read the first three chapters of our classroom novel.” Mrs. Regan said as she strolled in between our desks, hands clasped behind her back. Her puffy blonde hair rose above her glasses and wrinkled face. She seemed young for her age, and was definantly cool. Everyone slowly took out the classroom novel, which was slow and boring. Across the room, I saw Brenda take out a book. Brenda, the girl who read almost as much as Alison, was more of a lonely reader, though. I felt kind of sorry for her. She didn’t have many friends to talk to in our class, and she only opened a book every few minutes. As I stretched my arms high above my head, I noticed my fingers grazing the top of the white board. I was too tall for my taste. “If you ever have to look Justin in the eye, he’s gonna think you’re Godzilla’s granddaughter.” Eliza said, looking up at my fingers. Oh, yes, I forgot. Justin is absurdly short for his age. Being fourteen like the rest of us, he stands at barely five feet tall, if that. “He already does, Eliza. He was SO shocked when I told him that Hayden loved him.” Bella said, placing both of her wide hands on her heart. “You DID?” I gasped. Bella collapsed with laughter, nearly falling out of her chair. I rolled my eyes. “Bella, I really hate it when you do stupid things like that.” I huffed. “It’s really cool to watch you overreact.” Eliza muttered, placing her strappy black flats on her desk and rested. “Whip out the video cameras, then.” I grumbled angrily. I really hated it when Bella acted up like this. Brenda lowered her book and watched me as I slumped lower in my seat, annoyed. “God, don’t take everything so seriously!” Bella snapped. I rolled my eyes at her and quickly made a note of the troubles to put in my novel. Eliza made a thick mark with her pen down the side of the first page of her packet and dropped her head on the desk. “Must be nice having friends who don’t sleep all the time.” Bella huffed, crossing her skinny-jeans clad legs into her chair. “I don’t sleep all the time.” I reminded her. “No, but you’re always absorbed by that book you’re writing. Oh, and it’s a pure fantasy world. Nothing happens that’s not the way you want it to in there.” “Not so. Characters fight, break up, and are metaphorically stabbed.” I said angrily. The bell rang, dismissing us to our lockers for the end of the day. I breathed in nervously. Time to face Justin.

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

I AM TALLER THAN JUSTIN!!!!! YAYAYAYA!!!!! Accomplishment. When I read that they were metaphorically stabbed, I thought it said literally stabbed. I thought Hayden was a little violent for a second

Rebekah Paramore said...

Yeah, gotta be careful of the violence factor.

Kelsey said...

Hahah. I think that, because you said that, I am going to go and kill of Jackie now in a horrible moth attack.
\ /
(|)
(|)

Rebekah Paramore said...

Ohhh. Anyway, I have somebody who wants to play Erica...you can still be Tyler & Marcus, if you want.

Kelsey said...

I be Tyler!

Rebekah Paramore said...

Cool! :)