Friday, May 21, 2010

25 pages-Chapter 7

The rest of the book HAYDEN and the entire book BELLA have been planned out. Since it's now SUMMERTIME!!! you can expect chapters to arrive faster. Here she be!!

Book 1
Hayden
Chapter 7
I felt sick now. Sick to my stomach, for ever thinking I was going to let Dusty win. “Why did you just do a maniacal laugh?” Alison asked in study hall. She, Ben, Dream, and I were all seated at a table, pretending to read books. “Did I do that out loud?” I asked myself, hiding behind my small book. Ben nodded slowly and Dream clasped both hands over her mouth, trying not to laugh at me. “Who did that?” The mean teacher snapped, evil eyes narrowed as she glared us all down. I quickly flipped a page and pretended to be absorbed by the book. Of course, Alison truly was. She could read an encyclopedia cover to cover, no matter how boring it was. “So, Den, need some Justin help?” Ben asked, quickly snapping his book up as he finished. “Do I ever.” I grumbled. “My knees start shaking like crazy whenever he walks over.” Dream nodded. “She does fail a lot.” I whacked her arm. “Barely felt that.” She muttered, smirking. While Dream was flexing her muscles, I grabbed an unused laptop and logged onto my blog. On my latest post about Justin fails, Clara has written, “Don’t give up! If he’s as easygoing as he seems, you should be having conversations in no time!” I smiled at the comment. Maybe she was right...but I was still the shy writer. “So how often do you talk to Justin?” Ben asked, flipping through pages, stopping to doodle on every three. “Once a month or less.” I grumbled with a toss of my hand. “Ooh, that’s tough.” He said, rubbing his forehead. “Gosh, Hayden failed so much that even Ben can’t help her!” Dream gasped, laughing. I rolled my eyes, but this was true. I scribbled some notes on a paper, stuffed it into my jacket, and sighed. Who was I, really?

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

You. Are. HAYDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Saw this girl at Fly Park today and look a LOT like you... was a bit wacked out for a moment... thought I'd have to play you...

Rebekah Paramore said...

Whoa, that's eerily cool!