Monday, May 24, 2010

25 pages...Chapter 8!!

Book 1
Hayden
Chapter 8
“Do we have homework?” Justin asked randomly, staring into his locker. I opened my mouth to tell him about our annoying amount of math homework when the girl next to him answered, “Math!” She nodded her gigantic earrings and he smiled. “Thanks.” I felt like sobbing. I blinked my eyes a few times, jumped up, and ran outside to the car quickly as I could. “How was the day, honey?” Mom asked with a hopeful smile, as usual. “Ugh.” I grumbled, looking at the sheet in my pocket. I began to worry about my book. When it was finally released, I wondered what the people who had starring roles would think, especially the boy who had “injured me emotionally” . I wondered what he would think about the events in the book. Bella would read about her character and be shocked that she appeared so...mean. Dream would hate her character, who was involved in the Acts of Ben, as well as Ben’s character was. Alison would probably read the whole book in twenty minutes, so I wouldn’t have to worry about her. Justin would see that our characters kissed, and there could be any mixed reaction to that. I started a vicious cycle of panic as Mom pulled into the garage. Nonetheless, I had to finish the book. I typed some of the near final chapters in the book, staring at them with tears in my eyes. The book was nearly done before the year was, and the weight of possible reactions was pressing down hard on me. I blinked and sent an e-mail to Mrs. Regan containing all I had of the novel so far. I thought too much about what people thought of me. The next morning, I walked into homeroom, feeling dreary from last night’s sob-fest. “Hayden.” Mrs. Regan said. “I read your book last night.” “The whole thing?” I gasped. “Let’s just say that the extra cup of coffee wasn’t the best idea.” She smiled. “The ideas are great, and the vocabulary is amazing. I really think you should get it published.” She said. “Wow, really? Thanks!” I replied, strolling back to my seat. Brenda looked up at me and smiled. “Good job.” Eliza nodded. “What’s going on?” Bella sneered. “Oh, just some novel business.” I said, with a flip of my hand. Bella made a face and gathered her things, trying to make me upset that she was going to strings class, with Justin. “Are you going to publish it?” Eliza asked. “Sure, why not?” I said aloud.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I am reading the Maximum Ride books now!!!!! My dad read them and loved 'em and now I am, too!!!! :D It's amazing, just like your story!!

Rebekah Paramore said...

Aw, thanks! :) I know, those books rule. I LOOVE Max's sarcasm and Gazzy.