Monday, May 10, 2010

Does this chapter reflect my depressed mood?

It should...

Book 1
Hayden
Chapter 4
The clouds were collecting the next morning. I woke up, feeling groggy and not wanting to get up, just like a typical teenager. “I just can’t wait to read your book!” My beautiful friend Sierra said. Her long brown hair flowed straight down her back as she walked beside me, talking. “I can’t wait for my character to kick Ben’s butt.” She laughed. Sierra and Ben had dated last year. Every now and again, he would walk to our table and try to scare her. She would do the same to him, and we all helped with her ideas. Of course, Dream’s ideas were the most evil, mine were the silliest, and Alison’s were always, “No! Don’t do that to Ben!” “Morning.” I said, waving to Brenda as I entered homeroom. “Why is it morning? Ugh, I hate them!” Eliza grumbled, curling up comfortably in her desk chair. “Yeah, every hour is night for you.” I laughed. “Got that right.” She agreed, wrapping the sleeve of her denim jacket around her face. “Oh, wake up Eliza! Smell my coffee!” Mrs. Regan laughed, cruising by our desks with a large cup of the smelly stuff. Ugh. I gag at the smell of coffee. “Fresh from the Teacher’s Lounge!” She said, walking to her desk and setting down the mug. Bella opened her large purple purse and dug for one of her many makeup products. She finally selected a purple tube of lipstick and ran it slowly along her lips, glaring into her desk for a reflection. “Eliza, how do I look?” She asked her. “Just fine and dandy.” Eliza grumbled. “That’s not a very friendly thing to say.” Bella huffed. “Look who’s talking.” I muttered under my breath. “Hayden, did you say something?” Bella asked, glaring at me. Her face shone with makeup. “Uh, no. Just taking some mental notes.” “Of course.” Bella gathered her belongings and marched to the door. As she reached the door, she turned. “I’m going to strings class, where JUSTIN is.” She said, smiling. “There is something wrong with that girl.” Eliza muttered, watching Bella as she stomped away. Sadly, however as I left the class, Justin was standing in a hallway corner talking to a tall girl. She had wave blonde hair, like my own, and was nearly as tall as me. He gave a long, loud laugh and gazed into her eyes. I sighed. “Don’t be so depressed about Justin and Dusty.” Alison said, looking up from her new book, which she was halfway through. “How can I not be? Dusty and I look about the same.” I frumped, hating to listen to my own depressed mood. “You never speak to him. SHE’S all over him.” Alison left, leaving me to ponder her wisdom line.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

You are depressed? Por que Bekah? Be happy! Summer is almost upon us!! Plus, you are already on chapter 4! I am still on 1!!

Kelsey said...

Also, when doth Kelsey come in??