Sunday, May 09, 2010

25 pages Chapter 3

YAHAHAHAHA


Book 1
Hayden
Chapter 3
I know what you’re thinking. “Why would a tall girl be afraid of a short nerd?” Well, it’s a lot harder when you have a crush on him. However, when you’re a shy writer, you get weak in the knees whenever this “nerd” approaches, you have a bad habit of inserting way to many “um s in your sentences, and you hate awkward silences, it’s very difficult. Trust me. I threw my binders to the ground and quickly turned my combination lock. I could feel my hands getting sweaty as I saw tan sneakers walk closer towards me. Tan sneakers with many black X’s outlined on them hit the floor beside me. Justin, dressed in a brown shirt and jeans, turned his combination lock as though nothing was happening. However, a storm was going on inside me. It was a storm of questions such as “What should I say?” “Why am I nervous?” “Does he notice that my knees are shaking incredibly hard right now?” Justin looked over at me as his brown bangs fell into his eyes. I bit my lip and looked away, determined not to let any of my secrets escape right in this minute. I slowly, too slowly, drew a binder from my locker and stuffed it into my tearing bookbag. “Do we have any homework?” He asked quickly, glancing over at me. “Uh, yeah, math problems.” I said glancing at my planner, covering an “I Love Justin” with my thumb. He nodded and said nothing more before jumping up and leaving. “Did you fail again today?” Dream asked, standing behind me as she always did. “I guess so.” I responded sadly. “Aw, come on, Den!” Ben called. Ben called me Den because it was one letter away from his name instead of Hay like most people called me. “He’s not that hard to talk to.” “You don’t understand my point of view, do you?” I asked him. Ben picked his guitar case off the ground and took two steps with his long legs toward the door. “Nope. See ya, Dream. Bye, Den.” He pushed the double doors open right as one of our teachers yelled, “Get on the bus! Get outta here!” I thought about how much of my life thoughts about Justin took up. Too much, sadly. “How was the day?” My short haired, exuberant mother asked as I got in the car. “Failure.” I grumbled, pushing my teeming bookbag under the leather seats. “Oh, honey. You’re not a fail!” She said, driving past the mean teachers that ran the car line. As I got home, I quickly finished a chapter of my novel, packing it with events from the fighting. I was hoping to release this and open Bella’s eyes to my world. She needed a good wake up call to stop slapping on makeup, squashing her friends, and trying to go for all the guys. “With a final toss of her hair, Bethany left. ‘She’s nuts.’ Bart said.” This was a line from my book about Ben’s opinion of Bella. “Welcome to the world, princess.” I said to myself, clicking save.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

:) LOVED IT!! I wish I knew who these people where based off of, but I don't know any of your friends from school. Oh well! It's still great anyhow!

Rebekah Paramore said...

Yeah, you do. Remember last year? Sydney and them...Plus, you are about to make an appearance.

Kelsey said...

YAY! I like appearances! Hee hee :) And I do remember Sydney and one Sarah. Hmmm.... I seriously need to improved this memory of mine.