Friday, May 28, 2010

THE LAST OF HAYDEN!!!

Here we are! Bella begins tommorrow! Yeah, it's short.

Book 1
Hayden
Chapter 10
I e-mailed a copy of the book to an eager Clara as I got home from school. Tired, I collapsed onto the old blue couch and started thinking about what on Earth I could do to get this book to Justin. I fingered the copy, which was already torn from being tossed between my friends. When I went into school the next morning, I knew that today would be the day. Later that afternoon, Justin and I were both at our lockers again. “Hayden...” A voice nagged. Dream was standing behind me, arms crossed. “Stop staring at me!” I yelled. Justin looked over, lips pursed just so. “Oh, I have an extra copy of this book I wrote..do you want it?” I stammered. “Awesome, sure.” He said lightly, quickly taking it and stuffing it into his bookbag. He mumbled some more things to himself, quickly adding more to his bookbag before jumping up and running down the hallway. “You made him nervous.” Dream chuckled. “Yeah, sure.” I replied, watching him as he ran down the hallway and out to the buses.

So my novel changed me, obviously. I was still a shy writer, but I was a shy writer with a purpose. Bella had thought I was “so dead” writing this book. I no longer believed her, because I didn’t care nearly half as much what people thought of me or my creation. Now there was only to wait for my book to be read, published, and loved by millions. -Hayden

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Loved by millions? Why not billions? There ARE billions of people that would read and love your book.

Rebekah Paramore said...

I sure hope so! Come on, literary agent!!!